2.11.2008

Feedback is Just Feedback.

Ironic that after my recent post, Poop with Ice Cream on Top, I ran into a long-time friend who is involved in some "serious" spiritual practices. Upon asking him what he's been up to and after some deep revealing, my dear friend shared with me a lot of people are asking him, "why are you so angry?" Mind you dear reader, my friend, as he so eloquently put it, "is not an angry person!"

So, what's the catch? You got, a big fish story!

My response was simple, "it's just feedback." However, my words fell upon deaf ears, which is not new in the world of Funiverse, but sometimes I do feel disappointed that we often overlook what's right in front of our faces. Of course, this has nothing to do with others, but my own experience; however, I share this with you for obvious reasons: stop overlooking the obvious!

It's just feedback. Whatever is showing up, from your bank account to how your partner responds to you is just feedback. Other examples include: your health, what people say to you, your relationship status, your feelings, how you react and how you spend your time. Everything is feedback, everything!

However, rather than getting curious about what's showing up and seeing if there might be some opportunity to excel, we often get defensive by explaining, blaming, stonewalling, justifying, withdrawing or checking out; therefore, prolonging the learning and lesson until one day life wakes us up with a 2x4.

Here at Funiverse, it's about being willing to be open the fact that you might just be angry... and that's okay! That you can be both spiritual, loving, fun and angry all at the same time, without needing a reason or explanation why... it just is for the time being.

A
re you willing to shift out of defensiveness into genuine curiosity by opening yourself to learning from all that is showing up in your life?

I sure hope so! I'd like to see everyone take on the commitment to learning from every interaction and life experience and I feel sad when my friends hide behind of wall of spirituality or democratic pose. Join the fun bus; it's just feedback. In fact, you're the driver!

2 comments:

megan nice said...

"feedback" is a gentler way of looking at things. thank you for your support and insight and enlightenment.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Nice, Nick! I am grateful I get to play with you often!

Love you.
~Angie

ps... Love the new book cover with the jumping goldfish